Apparel Designer, Munchkin Inc. North Hills, Ca. 4.2012 – 10.2012.
• Create inspiration mood boards, color stories, fabric boards, and trend overviews for each season.
• Execute designs that support line plans, assortment strategies, competitive price points.
• Shop marketplace for inspiration. Research fabrics, styling details within set design budget.
• Build strong cross-functional relationship with sales, production, tech, and marketing.
• Ability to maintain a constant sense of urgency while being creative.
Founder & Owner, Clothpony Children. Venice, Ca. 8.2005 – 10.2008.
• Responsible for running all aspects of high-end children’s clothing business, including design collections and oversee original textile prints, source vendors, fabrics and notions, work closely with pattern makers, liaise with domestic and overseas factories from samples to production, handle merchandising, marketing, sales and tradeshow logistics.
• Travel domestically and internationally for inspiration, market research, and sourcing.
• Direct and oversee design maintenance of branding, website, and social media.
Product Design Director, Club Libby Lu - Saks Inc. Chicago, Il. 4.2004 – 5.2005.
• Responsible for the product development process of hard and soft goods including mood board creation, sketches, technical specs, and samples while working closely with president of company and head merchandiser. Manage domestic and overseas factories and vendors.
Product Designer, Publications International. Chicago, Il. 2.2002 – 1.2004.
• Design stationery, gift products and accessories for boutiques and companies including Target, Bed Bath & Beyond. Work with style guides and licensed art.
Assistant Designer, Michael Simon. Ny, Ny. 1.2000 – 5.2002.
• Create surface designs for exclusive novelty knit wear collections.
Freelance Designer, Lucky Jade. Hermosa Beach, Ca. 3.2013 - Current
• Design high-end baby and toddler cashmere and sportswear line, create and execute exclusives for Barneys New York, Bloomingdales and Giggle.
• Create mood boards, color direction, custom prints and graphics. Source fabrics and notions. Execute tech packs, linesheets, and various branding materials.
Freelance Designer, Natural Wondies. Los Angeles, Ca. 6.2009 - Current
• Design custom prints and silhouettes for children’s eco-friendly lounge wear.
• Execute tech packs and linesheets.
Freelance Designer. Bees & Dragons/Monster Republic. Los Angeles, Ca. 11.2009 – 11.2013
• Work closely with owners to design high-end, edgy layette, baby/toddler, boys and girls apparel.
• Travel as applicable for fabric and trend research.
• Create, maintain and update construction details, including fit commentary and design changes.
• Liaison with local factories, print and wash houses to ensure quality samples and consistent production.
Freelance Stylist, Martha Stewart Weddings. Ny, Ny. 2.2004 – 4.2004.
• Develop concepts, color stories and designs for special issue.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Bachelor of Fine Arts, 2000.
Sage Foundation Merit Scholar.
Superior attention to detail, trends, taste, and style.
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Word, Excel, and Social Media.